Sunday 27 March 2011

Good Old British Weather!

It is a well known fact that the British rely on the weather as the backbone of many of their conversations. Think about it, it's the best way to break the ice with a stranger, and it's a good way to make small talk with someone you sort of know. Without the daily  mélange of sunshine, sleet, snow and showers British conversation would practically be dead.


This is why this morning, I was getting ready for church and was totally lost as to what to clothe myself in. In the morning it was gloomy and grey and the clouds in the sky looked as if they were about to burst wide open at any minute.


So I opted for this outfit...






Sorry about the chipped nail polish!


Skirt - Dorothy Perkins
Cami - H&M
Brooches - Evans
Scarf - Primark
Ring - Primark
Bracelet - Primark

Jacket - Primark
You see, I knew that this weather would fool me and change things up later on, which is why I didn't wrap up too much. 


I love love love my maxi skirt. It's a simple way to chic up your look. Also it's handy if you want to cover your legs without wearing trousers or tights. I added the scarf, to cover up the cleavage (as I was going to church...), and the brooches to make the blazer look a bit interesting, as I wear it practically all the time!


Anyway ladies have yourself a great week, pack your brolly, your shades, your scarf and your sun lotion, and enjoy the good old British weather, or whatever weather you find yourself in!


Amusez vouz bien
Madeline.

1 comment:

  1. I also love maxi skirts because they look great in any season. Totally agree about our crazy weather. I hide scarves in all my bags now...

    ReplyDelete

You like what you see? Have your say...